Conti Nuvoli di Grinzane
Strada Torrazzo 22, 14015 San Damiano d’Asti (AT)
A bit of history...
The Nuvoli family has been passionately dedicated to wine production for more than 500 years on the Torrazzo hills in San Damiano d’Asti (AT). Throughout this long history, which spans over 26 generations, they have always managed the business by combining respect for traditions with innovative choices.
Torrazzo is not only synonymous with Barbera d’Asti but is a story that begins in 1223 with the construction of the Tower of Marcellengo, with bricks made and fired on the spot.
The Tower became part of the family in 1574 with Gabriele Nuvoli who, already owner of all the surrounding vineyards, obtained it at the Municipality’s auction for 58 gold crowns. Only in 1800 after the Restoration, the head of the family Placido Nuvoli, Attorney General of Piedmont and Senator of the Kingdom, built a house attached to the tower, a small chapel, the cellar and the formal garden on the ruins of the castle
Today Federico with Stefania and their children Laura and Lorenzo are witnesses of the ancient bond with this land, a magical and silent place where tradition, respect for nature and innovation coexist harmoniously. A family capable of recounting its past, living its present and looking to the future in a passionate way.